Deshaun Watson wont face criminal charge

will not face charges on nine criminal complaints following a police investigation into 22 civil lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct in ma sage se sions, a grand jury in Harris Country, Texas, determined Friday.Nine women made criminal complaints against Watson, eight of which were represented by Tony Buzbee (who is the main attorney for the 22 women that Kyle Crick Jersey sued the quarterback). Eight of those women testified before the grand jury Friday.The grand jury returned nine no on the complaints presented to prosecutor Johna Stallings, who i sued this statement:"Today we presented nine criminal complaints for consideration by the grand jury. Beginning at 9 o'clock this morning, we presented evidence for over six hours for the grand jury to consider, as well as having witne ses available for those persons to testify in front of the grand jury," said Stallings, of the division chief of adult sex crimes and trafficking at the Harris County District attorney's office. "And the grand jury considered all of that evidence and returned nine no bills Lonnie Chisenhall Jersey against Deshaun Watson involving these nine criminal complaints. We respect the grand jury's decision and ... conclude the criminal proceedings in Harris County." Watson also released a statement after the grand jury decision ( )."I thank everyone that was a part of this, of seeing and hearing both sides," Watson said. "That's what my team wanted was to have a fair slate of us telling our side of the story and letting the conclusion come down to what happened today and that's what the grand jury decided"I'm going to keep fighting to rebuild my name and rebuild my appearance in the community,. We're going to continue on the legal side to handle what we need to handle, but also ready to get back on the field, been prepping for that and ready to go for that. "I thank my family, all my close supporters that's been behind me this past year, I thank my team for keeping me up this past year. I'm going to continue to keep pushing forward to build my name to where it was, if not better."Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, also released a statement ( ) -- saying "It's time to let Deshaun move on." Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter Dave Parker Jersey " and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. "We are delighted that the grand jury has looked at the matter thoroughly and reached the same conclusion we did. Deshaun Watson did not commit any crimes and is not guilty of any offenses. "Now that the criminal investigations have been completed, we are happy to move forward with the civil case depositions. We will vigorously defend those cases with every ounce we have. There Chris Archer Jersey were no crimes here, but there is a plaintiffs' attorney churning up negative pre s and churning up his clients' hoping for a payday. These cases have been the product of a lawyer maximizing his own Gregory Polanco Jersey personal publicity at the expense of owners, including his own clients." The was investigating Watson for nearly a year, as he initially faced 22 civil lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct in ma sage se sions. The ongoing cases made it difficult for the league and the Houston Texans to take any action regarding a po sible suspension or trade. Watson was not placed on the Commi sioner's Exempt List because the league couldn't conclude that a major violation occurred.In a statement, NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said the league has "been closely monitoring all developments in the matter which remains under review of the personal conduct policy." Watson collected a $10.5 million salary in 2021 while sitting out the entire season. Watson, who asked to be traded prior to the allegations, is expected to have and beyond -- including the and .